How can we help you?
A total of 24 firefighters were called out to Frocester Manor just after 9am yesterday after staff reported the incident.
Around 40 minutes later watch commander Tim Stait said the fire, which was caused by overheated cooking oil in the oven, had been extinguished.
“Everyone was evacuated from the building to allow the fire fighters to come in and do their job.
“There were not actually any flames as far as I am aware – just a lot of smoke.
“We called the fire service as a precaution and the whole incident was dealt with very quickly.”"
Reported on 7 May 2012 by Care Home »